Getting from Here to There: The Story of the Buffalo Trace
Tuesday, October 10, 2017
Held at the Dubois County Museum in Jasper, this teacher workshop will focus on southern Indiana and the Buffalo Trace. Stipends to pay for substitute teachers are available to the first 15 people to register and request one. To request a stipend when registering online, write STIPEND in the special requirements box.
Registration is $25 (includes lunch and learning tools). Register online here. Register by phone at 812-464-1989 or 800-467-8600. Download registration form for registration by mail or fax. (PDF | DOC). Registration deadline is October 3, 2017.
- Registration and Continental Breakfast
- Welcome and Introductions
- Native Americans and the Buffalo Trace – Cheryl Munson, Midwest Archaeology Laboratory, Indiana University
- Indiana’s Military History along the Buffalo Trace – Frank Doughman, George Rogers Clark National Historical Park
- Historic Survey Methods & Mapping the Buffalo Trace – David Ruckman, surveyor and author of Buffalo Trace: The Indiana Wilderness Road
- Lunch (Included)
- Learning about the Buffalo Trace through Music – Charles Moman, children’s songwriter and former music teacher
- Panel Discussion with Current Teachers and Idea Sessions – Glenda Ferguson, Burris Elementary School
- Wrap up and Adjournment
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
This program has been made possible through a grant from Indiana Humanities in cooperation with the National Endowment for the Humanities.